Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving Arrived A Day Late

Today is the best I’ve felt since I awoke Tuesday morning capable only of vocalizing a hoarse croak. 

Whatever crud has been going around knocked me for a loop and I lost most of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to sleep.  Donning my street clothes I stacked firewood in preparation of hunkering-down in the predicted snow and picked-up our fresh venison from Marchant’s.         

click on image for a closer look
In the laundry baskets is a boatload of burger while the boxes hold steaks, chops, roasts and stew meat.  At the bottom of the photo are three large bags of trimmings which will be used to make both fresh and smoked sausage.  Coinciding with the thanksgiving holiday this is quite the avalanche of delicious goodness.  For which we are grateful and give thanks.  My hunting friends would concur.        

My friends know that I periodically opine about people eating more deer - and how if only that would happen we could solve the dual problems of forest regeneration and hunger.  But I shall not moralize or preach on matters of sustainability today.        

With my appetite returning of critical interest is a reoccurring vision of venison tacos in the near future.        

And maybe a haircut........




No comments:

Post a Comment