Saturday, December 7, 2019

County Rescue

If you have a medical emergency here on the peninsula – whether it is accident or sickness – you can count on Eagle III to provide fast and safe transportation services to an appropriate medical facility by means of ground ambulance, rotary wing aircraft or fixed wing turbo prop or jet aircraft. 

Eagle III is on standby 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  With the help of local EMS dispatch makes the decision as to the mode of transportation dependent upon the condition of the patient, distances and weather conditions.
 
click on images for a closer look
We happen to live in the flight path of the helicopter - rotary wing aircraft.  The helicopter almost always flies directly over our house when dispatched to a remote location or conditions when ground transportation may be lengthy. 

Sometimes I feel like I have the same ‘sixth sense’ associated with the character Corporal Walter Eugene - Radar - O'Reilly in the film M*A*S*H, as well as the TV series.  I can tell when the chopper is approaching. 



Recently I was chilling-out in a deer stand minding my own business when my chopper antennae began to twitch.  And within moments the air ambulance came screaming overhead on a NE heading.   On the return trip I had the presence of mind to have my Flight Radar App open so I could track the travel time from point to point.  If the app is to be believed the chopper completed its transit from Sturgeon Bay to Green Bay in thirteen minutes. 


That’s impressive! 

While I hope I never have to avail myself of this service – it is comforting to know that these professionals stand ready to take action when called.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment