Saturday, June 19, 2021

Hitch In the Giddy-up

Many of you know that I mostly stopped wearing socks after I retired. 

In the summer months I also generally stop wearing shoes (LL Bean moccasins when needed)

Earlier this week I ‘stubbed’ my toe on a roll of carpet pad stashed in the garage. 

The second toe from the left is cocked at an unnatural angle  and is turning blue and swelling.
 

Trust me when I tell you practically nothing puts a hitch in your giddy-up faster than a busted toe.   This has happened before so I know how to fix it. 
 

 
 
After a shower you tape the busted toe to the good middle toe with J&J First Aid adhesive tape, elevate, apply ice and drink Merlot. 
 
I'll likely miss the Peninsula Spring Classic Bide Ride today - but I'm on the mend.

Wear your mocs people…..

No comments:

Post a Comment