Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Death to the Invader


Last Friday brought another bad day for phragmites, reed canary grass and woody invasives out back in the prairie planting.    

Following our controlled burn in early May of 2020 we invited a field team from Robert E. Lee and Associates to return in late summer last year to perform follow-up chemical treatment.

We've done this before and now we're on a twice a year cycle - spring and fall.  This is their first visit of 2022.  

If you're wondering why I don't just do this myself the short answer is that I probably could - but I'd be breaking the law.  Because the work is performed in a delineated wetland habitat only licensed applicators can pull a permit from Wisconsin DNR and perform the work.  You know me - I'm all about doing things on the up and up. Pulling, cutting and treating other invasives located in less sensitive locations remain my responsibility.

Death to the invader! 

You can learn more about NES Ecological Services here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment