Thursday, December 1, 2022

Underrated

I've never made these before and cannot recall eating them.  Although I have been told they are delicious.

Beef short ribs.

Inspired by one of my favorite YouTube channels I decided to make these in the forno for friends recently.  Moreover, I sourced grass-fed beef short ribs from a local farmer.

Bringing the forno online

Mise en place

Searing


Mirepoix


Making it come together -
starting with a 375 F "falling-away" oven for a four hour braise

Served with seared brick oven asparagus and duck-fat-fried crashed potatoes  

A resounding success - score another dish from the brick oven.  Our guests declared these among the best they've dined-upon either at home or in a restaurant.  Beef short ribs are seriously underrated.  I'll make these again

And if you're looking for naturally-raised, locally-sourced meats you can learn more about Sunset Farms here.

Instructions below

No comments:

Post a Comment