Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Greenwashing

The process of conveying a false impression or providing misleading information about how something is more environmentally sound. Greenwashing is considered an unsubstantiated claim intended to deceive someone into believing that a product, plan or decision is environmentally friendly.

I have blogged about this subject before.

Now it seems the United Nations is getting-in on the game and is scolding businesses to stop greenwashing.

Between you and me I don't happen to think this falls within the bailiwick of the UN to become the world's Eco-Nanny.

Nevertheless, it is becoming clearer to me that appearances are important and if gullible individuals are going to believe that a corporation with a big, filthy-dirty carbon footprint has all of a sudden gone green then I suppose that gullible people are free to be suckers.  I'm not falling for it.  PT Barnum had a term for this.

Anyway, you read more about the snit over this here.

You're welcome. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment