Thursday, December 22, 2022

More Holiday Spirit

From the blog archives there is this.

I originally published this photo on February 20, 2013 pitching it as a shot taken from a new location.

I cleaned it up a bit and cropped it to remove the date and time stamp.  I suggested that it might be one that will make it to the collage of pictures in the 2013 Christmas card.

I cannot recall if it made the cut for the Christmas card but it does date how long a trail cam has been at this location.   

A decade of uninterrupted and patient monitoring of who stumbles across this intersection of three trails.  It is such an excellent spot for wildlife monitoring that a Wisconsin DNR Snapshot camera was located there on October 20, 2018.

The trees that the cams are strapped-to are ash trees that are almost dead so I'm going to have to do something about that.  But it's been fun performing a longitudinal monitoring of the same location for such a long time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment