Monday, February 13, 2023

February Night Sky

A couple of evenings ago I took a peak outside to check on the condition of the night sky.

It was excellent.

So, I grabbed my new telescope and trained it on the heavens unsuccessfully trying to locate Mars and the elusive green blob comet directly overhead.


Failing that, I opted to take a photo of the southern view of the sky from my front yard and got this.


Constellation Orion and the Dog Stars of the Winter Circle in all of their glory.

 

Further evidence that the iPhone14 Pro is a really good camera that also manages data and communications as a sideline.

BTW - don't know why it took me so long but I'm joining the Door Peninsula Astronomical Society.  Gonna take this to the next level.

Raising a toast to clear, winter night skies......

No comments:

Post a Comment