Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mom

 
This is a fun photo of my mom. 

That’s her - Grace Mary McNulty - the two-fisted Schlitzer on the right. Presumably, my pop, Howard, took the photo. 

Anyway, the boys had returned home from the war and Cathedral High grads were enrolling at Marquette University under the GI Bill. 

Judging from the pennant I suspect this photo was from the beach at the south shore yacht club. 

I don’t think anyone was married just yet. The remaining suspects in the photo eventually became (from L to R) Shirley and Bob McNulty and Bob and Pat Maslowski. 

Fun facts about my mom…

She did not drive a car.   Mom used public transportation everywhere. 

I learned to cook from my mom yet the secret pie crust recipe remains just that. 

Grace smoked unfiltered Chesterfields until becoming a grandmother. 

Happy Mothers Day and God Bless the Irish.

Slàinte!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment