Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Medium Rare Treat

We don't eat beef very often and when we do it's generally 1/3 pound ground chuck burgers from our local butcher (very yummy).   Nevertheless, sometime in the past several weeks I picked-up a package of steaks from said butcher and when it appeared we weren't going to eat them Immediately I put them in the kitchen freezer.  Strategically I knew they would remain in my grilling mindset because if I put them in one of the basement chest freezers they might disappear for years.

Anyway, in short order I thawed them, seasoned them and grilled them.  A reverse sear to be exact to a perfect medium rare.

Served them-up with a side salad and a big chunk of baked yam.


 They were very good.  I''ll do it again next year maybe.

This evening we're having a couple of The Team from the former Day Job over to review our stuff and I'm going to grill-up some venison loin along with a big salad and homemade french bread.

You are what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment