Thursday, August 31, 2023

Spoiled

We are blessed with a proliferation of songbirds around these parts.

I suspect it's a combination of a variety of habitat - forest, open areas, native pollinator plants and as a consequence of the summer drought conditions some presently very dry wetland.

If you were sitting on the porch having your morning coffee or a beer after chores or maybe just a glass of Merlot as the sun goes down you can hear the birds calling back and forth.

I'm reasonably OK with bird ID using only their call; nevertheless, There are apps like Merlin that will assist.

Sunday morning was particularly busy because in the space of about fifteen minutes Merlin informed me that all of these birds were sharing my space.





Is it no wonder I like living here?  We're spoiled.

You can learn more about Merlin here and download the free app to your Android or iPhone device.

No comments:

Post a Comment