Friday, December 15, 2023

Sunrise

Tuesday morning I rose before sunrise and put the coffee-on.  Looking out the kitchen window I saw the sun begin to peek above the southeastern horizon.  Taking a photo from the porch I cursed the utility pole despoiling the view.  But I digress.

I seems like it was only yesterday that the sun was rising over the machine shed immediately to the east.  Not so; Old Sol is continuing it's relentless march south as we approach the winter solstice next week. 

We live almost half-way between the equator and the north pole and with mostly clear horizons and dark skies astronomical events are easier for us.  Although as the forest continues to grow west of the house the view has shrunk over the last thirty years.

Anyway, I shot an azimuth with my compass for kicks and giggles.  And so you know I'm not making this up..... 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment