Saturday, March 14, 2009

Girlfriend


My dog is really talented.

Not only is she capable of predicting the outcome of Council committee meetings...

she is also a good shed hunter.

Here she is bringing me another shed deer antler.

Did you know that there is an entire vast organization dedicated to shed hunting?

Check them out at NASHC.

So I've been spending all kinds of time out-of-doors working on the tree farm and Girlfriend has been my constant companion.

She wears a cow bell on her e-collar so that I can keep a general idea of her whereabouts.

Just today I noticed that things got particularly quiet.

Wo ist mein Hund?

I get a ding-a-ling as an answer.

I follow the sound of the bell which is actually quite close and unlike the typical wide-ranging movements of a Labrador retriever this time the sounds are emanating from one location.


That location would be where a very dead turkey was located.

On my dog's list of fun stuff to do you will find a listing for fine dining.

The deader the better.

Blech.

Speaking of fine dining my lovely wife asked if we could go to the Edge of Town Bar tonight for broasted chicken.

Ja, mein liebchen.

Half a chicken - broasted. Slaw with choice of potato accompanied by (get a load of this) a deep-fried breadstick.

$7 USD.

Leftovers for lunch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment