Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Morning Music

Outdoor concerts are a staple of Door County's summer fare and the line-up at The Peg Egan Performing Arts Center in Egg Harbor is pretty hard to beat.

Since they're free.

My lovely wife suggested that we take in the opener last night.

Inasmuch as I desired to remain as incognito as possible I got dressed in my tourist attire and off we went.

Here's a tip - if you plan to attend one of these concerts - get there hours ahead of time and put your camp chairs or blanket on the grass so as to claim a prime location.

Then go and blend-in with the tourists.

You might go shopping like my wife did.

Or you might do as I did and sip a couple of pints of Guinness and watch the tourists go by.




















If you really want to blend-in you and your spouse should wear matching Chicago Cubs jerseys.

See what I mean about prime seating?














Anyway, I'm not generally given to concert reviews but this has my unqualified endorsement. You can find more information here about the summer schedule.

Last night's concert featured Harry Manx. Do you like the blues? You like awesome guitar work?



And Richie Havens.

If you're old like me you have many fond memories of his soulful guitar work.
When Richie launched into Freedom the Woodstock Gods were angered and the skies opened-up and the rain poured down.



Aside from the soaking it was a terrific evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment