Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hipster Sighting?

Setting

Date:  Yesterday

Time:  Bedtime

Place:  The City Apartment

I was out walking the dogs before putting them to bed and had an opportunity to observe a young couple unload their car with things for their apartment.  Without being nosy - while exchanging pleasantries and canine greetings - I took the opportunity to observe what they were loading into one of ubiquitous shopping carts the tenants make use of to transfer items from vehicle to abode.  

Mostly groceries with the exception of two items:  A half-dozen gallon jugs of drinking water and a large, clear fish tank labeled Hermit Crab Terrarium

I don't know about you but drinking city water is hardly a burden.  And while it's not exactly free it's rather inexpensive and readily available.

And what's the thing about a hermit crab for a pet?  Sure, they don't have to do their business out of doors, they certainly don't eat like Labrador retrievers and if I had to hazard a guess crabs don't bark.  But how does one interact with a crab?

I think I just had a hipster sighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment