Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hanger Queen

Last weekend I got The Beast running.

That's my affectionate name for the 1968 Pontiac that has been taking-up space in the garage.  Last year I never had it out once.  Which is sad because it truly is a head-turner of a vehicle. 

All three hundred and fifty cubic inches of its gas-guzzling glory.  A red convertible with fuzzy dice swinging from the rear view mirror does attract a lot of attention.

And it cleans-up nicely.  

 click on the red car to enlarge

And we drove down to Rosiere on the county line to have a frosty beer and poke our finger in Lee's eye.

When The Beast lived with me in the Big City it was driven all of the time.  I would drive it to the day job when the weather was nice.  I drove it in the Wauwatosa Independence Day Parade with my Kiwanis pals every summer.  Because it was kept in my pop's garage he would drive it when I wasn't using it.  We have been acquainted since I purchased her in 1987.  As the second owner we have enjoyed a long and enduring relationship. Alas, like an old aircraft gathering dust in the hanger lately it's just been taking-up space.  After I get some minor tune-up things complete I'm putting this piece of Detroit muscle car glory up for sale.

I may regret it - but it deserves to be driven.

No comments:

Post a Comment