Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Garden Chronicles

They say just about anything can be fixed with chicken wire and baling twine.  Good thing because I have a critter problem.

I planted four broccoli plants in the garden and they were looking healthy enough until last week.  I was weeding the garden and something didn't look quite right.  Not putting my finger on it immediately it finally dawned upon me that the broccoli was gone!  Vanished without a trace.  Not even a stem or any evidence of its previous occupation.

Some critter ate it.  Deer, rabbits or aliens it doesn't matter.

So I replanted four more broccoli plants and built a shroud of chicken wire to affix over them.  Each wire cage is anchored with a bamboo stake and a couple of turf staples.



Fingers crossed. 

Chicken wire does come with a few occupational hazards - namely the sharp wire ends sort of poke-up your bare arms...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment