Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Green Green Grass of Home

Travel and other obligations (if you consider that travel might very well be an obligation) have kept us away from The Platz for a spell and we returned yesterday to see if everything was still standing and to chase the chill out of the bones of the house.

This is what greeted us upon our arrival:

 click on image to enlarge

Yup.  More deer damage,  Not only have the deer resumed munching upon my cedars (after being sprayed with deer repellent) they have also been pawing and scraping the snow from the yard so as to graze and munch upon the turf beneath.

It's not like our yard is any tastier than the next.  It hardly ever gets fertilized and has an abundance of dandelions along with some other weeds.  Nevertheless it is green underneath the blanket of shallow snow especially on the POWTS (Private Onsite Wastewater Treatment System) where the grass is especially lush and green.


Mound system for you city dwellers. 

I initially suspected a wild turkey flock committed this landscape scratching but all I found were whitetail deer tracks.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled as I have deer at the top of my most wanted group of suspects. 

I figure that after slaying twenty-two of their number over the last couple of deer seasons the word has gone out to the local herd that they should take vengeance by means of munching on our landscaping when we're not looking and then pooping in the yard.


What nerve.  Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment