Sunday, July 28, 2019

Nature is Your Friend

A few days ago I spoke of the early days here at The Platz and how Jill and I used to camp here.  Tent, rain fly, picnic table, fire ring, outdoor privy, solar shower - the whole shebang.  Those were good times. 

I recently gave the ancestral campsite a makeover - rebuilding the fire ring, brushing-out a clear spot for a tent and moving the outdoor privy and digging a new hole for it. 

Yesterday everyone came down to the site for a weenie roast including other campfire treats and grandson and I stayed overnight.







I have to say that this was fun.  I spun a few scary tales for the kid as we relaxed by the fire after everyone else returned to the house.  The stars were out in their fullest of glory and we both slept like logs.  Very early this morning we were greeted by the alarm call of a whitetail deer - Hey!  What are you doing here in my woods!





As the grandson would tell you - nature is your friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment