Friday, July 12, 2019

Rolling Stones

We relocated the Council Ring last year to be closer to the house. Not too close though. Nevertheless, there is easier access to a ready water source, folding chairs and the adult beverage fridge in the garage.    

With the grandkids scheduled to visit soon I figured I best accelerate my plans to tidy-up the fire pit.  Yesterday I burned some scrap wood to clear the weeds and create a ‘clean palette’. Today I rebuilt it from scratch.  I used the loader on the tractor to move three very large granite boulders to a safe location for Jill to use somewhere else.  I also used the loader to move some rocks to this location.  Other than that I moved the stones by means of rolling and lifting into place.  Hot, hot work.     


It is both larger and more symmetrical (round).  The inside is four feet across and the flat rocks on the right are a platform for my cast iron Dutch oven. I have a vision of Dutch oven pizza or Blazing Saddles baked beans in my future.       

Materials were free as peninsula rocks are unlimited.

Gift of the last glaciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment