Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Garden Chronicles

click on images for a closer look
As you can see from the photo above the garden has made considerable progress.

It seems that the sweet corn puts on significant height each and every day.  The tomato plants have fruit and we've already dined on some ripe cherry tomatoes.  Salad greens have found their way to the table regularly, the pepper plants have peppers, the pumpkin plants are thriving, the broccoli plants have gone free-range as their cages have been removed and the peas have set fruit.

About the peas. 





I noticed today that there is a variation in color of the blossoms.  Any variation the taste or size of the pea pod or peas should become apparent soon enough - but the interweb tells me that pea blossoms come in one of the widest color ranges in the plant kingdom. 


We'll see once the harvest comes in.

Last, but not least, Jill picked-up my electric fence kit at Tractor Supply today.  My scheme is to electrify the fence around my vast sweet corn patch.  I'm going to show those raccoons a lesson or two if I don't electrocute myself first.

Stay-tuned and Vive le jardin magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment