Monday, November 16, 2020

Idolatry

I touched-upon this subject very briefly in Sunday morning's post.

I seem to recall a time when people were getting a chuckle over people who considered Barack Obama their Messiah.  

Recently, large numbers of people have been getting a chuckle over large numbers of people who consider Donald Trump their Messiah.

Now that Joe Biden has won the 2020 election fair and square I'm sure his flock will swell with followers too.  

I marvel at the the people who sure seem to be easily influenced by all of these Messiahs that walk among us.  Not a single one of them can cure lepers, raise the dead, turn water into wine or walk on water.  Slim pickings they are for the second-coming. 

My conclusion is that a significant number of my countrymen are just garden-variety idolaters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment