Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Gobblers on the March

Turkey hunting for me this year was messed-up.  Mostly because I was under the weather with Covid.

Yup, vaxxed and boosted and I caught the crud from Jill.  She tested positive a couple of days before our road trip vacation was winding-down.  Five days later I tested positive.  The good news is that for both of us we didn't have to see a doc or go to a hospital.  Cold symptoms and a low grade fever was the extent of it and back to normal after 4-5 days.  Fatigue was the worst of it in my view.  In any event, when the weather was conducive to hunting I was inclined to nap.  Oh well. 

Memo to self:  Next year apply for tags covering 2-4 seasons.  That way no matter what might come-up to mess with hunting there would be multiple opportunities for a spring turkey hunt.

The good news is that for anyone hunting around these parts there's plenty of gobbler action.  

Why these birds will go out of their way to strut their stuff for a trail camera is beyond me.  But do it they will.....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment