Monday, August 15, 2022

The Garden Chronicles

Yesterday I picked another batch of cukes from the garden and figured I now have enough to begin canning my infamous crispy crunchy sweet and dill pickles.  

The pickle barrel has been fetched and delivered to the kitchen for use later today.  All I have to locate is a big head of fresh garlic for the dills.  And another bottle of spices for the sweet.

In further news there are these ripening on the vine.

An heirloom tomato called a Striped Stuffer.  It seems somewhat hollow.  Do you stuff it with something?  I'll cut one open to check.  The interweb likely has a stuffing solution.

Finally, the kitchen counter is home to these delightful snacking tomatoes - two kinds of red and one yellow variety.


When the winter winds of February howl and Ma Nature is flinging freezing rain and sleet at my windows the memory of these would drive an ordinary man to commit high crimes and misdemeanors.  I resolve to remain strong as there is homemade Uncle Dick's Tomato Juice in my bunker.

Bottled, liquid sunshine.

Vive le Jardin Magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment