Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Sunset

Near the end of the worst of COVID I took an iPhone photography class at the local community college.  As a consequence my most favorite subjects are the natural world. Sunsets are my fave. The resident cranes are squawking out back and the song birds retiring to their roosts.  We are blessed to live in flyover country with little to despoil the view excepting for the forest which grows taller every year. This is a First World problem.  And I digress.

The storms of the last 24 hours beat it out of Dodge late this afternoon and the skies cleared with light diffusing as the sun settled below the horizon. I shot a pile of photos tonight bracketing them before 7:35 and ending after 8:07.  Except for the last two photos the view was 300 degrees W-NW. 

At 8:02 I grabbed two cloud formation pics from the opposite side of the house.  Absorbed with what was unfolding in the direction of the sun I was almost oblivious to stuff unfolding behind my back.

Here are a handful of tonight's photos...
 
7:35 PM
7:43 PM
7:57 PM
 8:01 PM
8:07 PM
View to the SW
 
 
View to the SE 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment