Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trail Blazing

Brushed-out almost three and a half miles of trails yesterday.

It has finally dried-out enough to get the tractor and Rhino brush hog out to whack the tall grass and willows.

There was one spot in the northwest corner I had to avoid.  I just knew if I ventured in there I would get stuck for sure.  That last 75 yard stretch can wait for drier conditions.

In some places the grass was waist high and the willows were shoulder height. 

This was a meatball mowing job.  What with all the rain this spring everything became really more overgrown than usual.  It looks like a a drunk gave another drunk a haircut with a dull scissors.

At least the dogs and I can get around now without feeling like you need a machete to blaze a trail. 

Next month I'll swap some finely sharpened blades on the machine and give the trails a finish cut.

Food plots are the next big item on the chore list.

No comments:

Post a Comment