Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Music



Recorded in 1966 and released in January 1967 this song spent three weeks in the number one slot on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.  This was the song that launched The Doors from relative obscurity to stardom   Front man Jim Morrison – The Lizard King – burned-up like a flaming meteor with his death in Paris at the age of 27.  I’ve visited his apartment and his grave at Père Lachaise cemetery so I suppose you could say I’ve made my pilgrimage.  In case you're wondering - for live performances keyboardist Ray Manzarek played the song's bass line with his left hand on a Fender Rhodes Piano Bass - while performing the other keyboard parts on a Vox Continental using his right hand.   

This song is on my own personal, all-time, top ten list.  Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment