Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Nice Location

Recently I was out bush-hogging trails and as I chopped a single, quarter-mile path directly east-west in the middle of the property I stumbled-across this idyllic clearing in the forest.

click on image tor a closer look


It was clear of many larger, mature trees and was populated with small saplings and dominated by gray-headed coneflowers.  Covered in chaff, dust and debris it was so cool and inviting I stopped to throttle-back the tractor to take it in and snap a handful of pictures.  I thought - what a peaceful, isolated and serene place

I had probably been thru here before but never took the opportunity to check it out in detail.  Self-absorbed I likely was.  There had to be an explanation for the naturally occurring clearing in a reforested piece of land.  Soil type perhaps that favored grasses and forbs over trees perhaps?

Upon further reflection it occurred to me that this would be an excellent location for a bow hunting blind....

No comments:

Post a Comment