Saturday, May 2, 2020

Saturday Update


Project kind of day today.  Up early, trip to the dump, some groceries from Marchant's.  Jill cleaned the bird spikes above the windows and doors and I’m finally at 75% reorganizing the machine shed.


Son-in-Law shared with me last winter that a ‘Slow and Sear’ setup for his Weber kettle had ‘altered his life’.   So, of course, I purchased one.


Now that the grilling season is officially upon us I smoked a rack of baby back ribs today using my Adrenaline Barbecue Company device.  This was a test flight.



Penzeys 33rd and Galena rub and hickory wood 3.5 hours. 


This was excellent. Next time I’ll for sure go 4 hours. I think I could push ‘falling-apart ribs’ at five hours without any dryness. 



Juicy with a perfect smoke ring. 


And there was this for dessert....




I am admittedly a wee bit pissed that we have no guests. 

Being social animals - this time of year there should be some turkey hunters with their wives or girlfriends and maybe some of my friends from Brussels or Sturgeon Bay around here.


Would have been fun to set on the porch and crack wise over cocktails while smoking some excellent food.

COVID crap!

Learn more about the Slow 'n Sear here..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment