Saturday, May 16, 2020

Progress Report

Talk about a busy day here at The Platz.      

From our walk this morning evidence conditions are slowing drying-up and greening-up.        

And if you look closely the wild strawberries are blooming in the turf.      


Labs and Hoomins 1.1 miles.    

Meanwhile - While we were on our walk we also live-streamed granddaughter’s high school graduation occurring in Hattiesburg, MS.   


And then there was garden work.  In keeping with my German influence I planted two rows (each) of German Butterball taters and Stuttgarter yellow onions.       







These are terrific root veggies with incredible staying power.   Kept in the crisper of the garage fridge just about the time we make use of the last of them from the 2019 garden the harvest will be nigh from this year’s garden.      

Finally I made a plan for where to locate and reestablish the spargel patch.  Next week I have to fetch composted manure and potting soil – followed by the excavation for the bed. Backbreaking labor but likely the last time I’ll have to do in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment