Saturday, May 30, 2020

More Spring Blooms

After I retired I vowed to make an effort to take better notice of the natural world around me.  If you are a reader or follow me on Facebook there is evidence of that.

As our country begins a slow return to normalcy I know that it isn't going to happen overnight.  It will be slow and frustrating at times.  

So I take no small measure of comfort from the knowledge that the natural world remains predictably constant and is seemingly unaffected by political drama, a novel virus, a wounded economy or the inconvenience of wearing a face mask in public.  The service berry bloomed right on time and the migratory songbirds and monarch butterflies keep a tight schedule.

With rain in the forecast - and before these spring blooms were battered - I took these pictures on Thursday.

Right on time apple blossoms.....


And our famous and ancient lilacs....


No comments:

Post a Comment