Thursday, August 20, 2020

Proof

A day does not pass without President Trump claiming – without any evidence – that November’s election is ‘rigged’ because of rampant mail-in ballot fraud. 

It also appears to have become the latest and greatest form of Faux Face Book Outrage.   

A few months ago I challenged my FB friends to furnish evidence of how a fraud could be perpetrated in Wisconsin’s vote by mail process.  Not surprisingly nary a solitary individual stepped-up to explain how it could be accomplished. Yet, the claims of fraud persist.  These same individuals insist it is widespread.

So let’s review how it works here in Wisconsin. 

If I wish to vote by mail I have to be registered to vote. 

I have to initiate the request in writing.

I have to provide acceptable photo identification. 

The ballot is mailed to me. 

After completing my ballot I seal it in a post-paid return envelope, sign the envelope (under penalty of perjury) and have my signature witnessed by another adult. 

Upon receipt by my Town Clerk the ballot is tracked and the signature on it must match the one on file with my voter registration. 

My address must match that on file with the registration. 

Edit to add:  Addresses for voter registration are updated via Wisconsin DMV for both drivers licenses and state-issued photo IDs.  If you move - and wish to vote - voter registration is updated for the new address and old registration/address purged from the voter rolls. 

One ballot per voter. 

That appears to me to be a rather solid system with all kinds of security measures.  So please tell me where the forgery, fraud, foreign ballot-stuffing, tampering, dead people, counterfeiting and ‘rigging’ of the election occurs?

Anyone? 

Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment