Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Garden Chronicles

It's been more than a couple of weeks since the last update.  As I do once a week I pruned the tomatoes today.  Less foliage = more fruit.  The plant can put its resources into producint tomatoes instead of leafy, green suckers.  

Here are my tomatoes - and if you ignore the two cherry tomato plants (one red  and one yellow) there are 78 tomatoes there.  And we've already picked and eaten some.   Hubba Hubba.    


And of the two Kakai pumpkin seeds that survived marauding birds to germinate there are two surviving plants that have grown multiple vines and are setting fruits from an abundance of blossoms.  They are mutants.


This has been the best year for broccoli in memory and I've also filled two canvas totes with pickles.  Onions are about ready for harvest too.  Tomorrow I'll post an update on the COVID Dills I'm canning this year. 

Vive le Jardin Magnifique!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment