From July 18 you can see how overgrown the trails are. The Mule is basically half visible above the grass and weeds and you cannot see the dog.
So, earlier last week I swapped-out the blades and checked the gear oil on the Rhino, fluids and fitting on the tractor and hitched everything-up. I got the north trail cleaned-up afterwards and on Saturday finished the rest with the exception of clearing the campsite alongside the creek.
3.5 miles of trails brushed, including a location for the last deer stand this old hunter’s gonna build.
That Rhino brush hog predates the blue tractor and if I had to hazard a guess might have close to a thousand hours under its belt.
I didn’t keep count but I’d bet I shifted a dozen dead ash off the trail using nothing but the bucket on the New Holland. Sure beats wagging a chainsaw around.
Check-back tomorrow for a virtual walk along one of the newly-cleared trails to see what's blooming in the pollinator habitat.




No comments:
Post a Comment