Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Deer Camp - Day Five

Today I took sixty pounds of trimmed venison into town for the butcher to grind into hamburger.  Marchant's did it while I waited and since I was in the back of the store in one of the cutting rooms I know it is our deer they ground and bagged.  I witnessed it.

At my request they added ten percent pork to the mix.


Ground it twice to make sure everything was evenly distributed.


Bagged it and refilled my grocery basket and a box with one pound (give or take) packs of yummy ground venison.  $55.73 for everything.  Fast service too.


click images to enlarge

Speaking of fast I watched a couple of the butchers disassemble deer while waiting.  With knives flashing I could only hope some day to be that proficient.

Note to the Deer Camp:  Sharp, new knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment