Thursday, August 3, 2017

Repo Man

Whitehouse Photo

I'm sure that you readers know that the President of the United States lives to tweet.  I have a mental image of him sitting upon his porcelain throne first thing in the morning and tweeting whatever he has dreamt the evening before.  I know.  Scary image.  Sorry.  Anyway, I hope that replacement White House Chief of Staff - John F. Kelly - screens and vets these 140 character flashes of absurdity.  I am absolutely dead-serious.  I have my fingers-crossed in hopes that he puts some Marine Corps spine in You-Know-Who.  This asinine childish fourth-grade behavior is making America Foolish Again.  Sheesh.  But I digress.  

One of the subjects President Trump has liked to tweet about is that Boeing’s new versions of Air Force One were too expensive and that the order should be cancelled.  

In news yesterday is this:  The U.S. Air Force allegedly found a solution to this problem, citing unnamed sources familiar with the issue Defense One has reported the purchase of two Boeing 747s abandoned by a bankrupt Russian airline.  

Imagine this bargain-hunting.  Uncle Sam is the Repo Man.  And the poor unfortunate deadbeat credit risk is Russia's second-largest airline - a crony 'business' from a country that constitutes one of the world's largest criminal enterprises.  Sad.

Under ordinary circumstances I fully expect to read a tweet this morning about how this was all the President's idea from the get-go.  Nevertheless, considering that the source of the purchase comes from his Russian patrons - maybe not.  

Raising a toast to buying low with good credit.  Ваше здоровье!

No comments:

Post a Comment