Monday, September 11, 2017

The Garden Chronicles

click on image to enlarge 
I've been getting ready to put the garden to bed for the season.  The cukes, green beans and tomato plants have all been relegated to the composter.  Onions are curing in the shed pictured above and the spuds are in a wheel barrow in the the attached garage secured from the depredations of the Labs.

In the photo above you'll note that there remains sweet peppers, spinach, and three kinds of lettuce - all doing fine.  In the far corner is my sole, surviving pumpkin plant - the fourth planting took.

I turned over the soil with the rototiller yesterday and once everything has been harvested will give it a once-over with the tiller before the snow flies.  I'm toying with sowing another batch of French breakfast radishes.  They may actually thrive in this cool weather.

Here's a close-up of my vast and expansive pumpkin patch... 

No comments:

Post a Comment