Saturday, March 5, 2022

Dawn

Thursday morning the dog woke me up to go outside.  It was about 5:30 AM and feeling rested and with the dawn just beginning to reveal itself I figured what the heck.  Might as well stay-up.  The sunrise might just amount to something.

I turned on the coffee and monitored the eastern horizon for the next thirty minutes.

Glad I didn't return to the sack because spectacular sunrises - as with spectacular sunsets - are there and gone almost instantly.  If it's a sunrise and you snooze - you lose.

Things got pretty exciting with the view from the porch at 6:15 AM....

Then there was this at 6:17 AM.  At which point I trotted-over to the shed to bracket some photos with the gnarly, ancient apple tree in the foreground.... 

Good composition.

And worth freezing my tukus in the 7 F morning.  Otherwise I would be clueless.


No comments:

Post a Comment