Monday, October 30, 2023

The Cure

Last evening presented us with a puking puppy and diarrhea.  Blech!

She obviously ate some scat (shit) as it was in her vomitus and it clearly upset her digestive tract.

We skipped dinner and after the worst of it was behind we made sure Ruby had plenty of water to drink.  She seemed better having cleared-out her system and rested in a crate and with me on the couch.  I stayed-up late with her to keep an eye on any further developments

Meanwhile, I whipped-up a batch of the Universal Bland Diet.  Boiled, skinless chicken breast (diced small) and Uncle Ben's parboiled white rice.  No seasoning, butter or anything else. It is really bland.  Possibly like jail food.  But I digress.  Remarkably, I've never met a dog who didn't like a stint of universal bland diet.  Go figure.

This morning's breakfast starts with 1/2 cup of this; followed by five additional small meals spaced throughout the day.

I have enough for about two days.  Generally, this is the cure.

Fingers-crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment