Sunday, June 13, 2010

Zero


I paid $1.72 for this 10 oz. bottle of Lipton Pureleaf Iced Tea at a convenience store.

Yes. It was good.

Nonetheless I discovered I paid for absolutely nothing.

Calories 0

Total Fat 0

Sodium 0

Total Carb. 0

Protein 0

Don't take my word for it though.
The proof is here.

I figure .05 for the bottle and another .02 for the contents. Shipping and transportation are likely higher than that. The balance would be profit to the manufacture and mark-up to the distributor and convenience store operator.

See that picture of the cute little tree frog near the base of the bottle?

That is Lipton's evidence of their commitment to the
Rain Forest Alliance. At least 50% of my tea came from leaves grown from Rain forest Alliance Certified™ Farms.

I suppose I paid for something.

I have been made to feel like I have single-handedly saved the rain forest.

Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment