Friday, April 21, 2017

Turkey Hunting

My pals are here at The Platz to chase gobblers.  Lawyer arrived a couple of days ago and Mennonite joined him yesterday.  I arrived last evening.  Today is my first day-off in five sixty-hour weeks of day job excitement and doctor appointments.  It feels good to spend some time outdoors communing with Ma Nature.  My buddies are hunting from the blinds I set-up last weekend while I returned to hunting à la carte. Turkey hunting the way of the past.  


Old school - hunkered on the ground in full camouflage with my back to a tree.  


Had a hen cruise-thru to check on my decoy set.

click on images to enlarge

And worked a gobbler for about twenty minutes only to get busted just before he came into gun range.

I guess that's why they call this hunting instead of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment