Monday, July 13, 2020

Musings About The Mask


I am not scared. 

I don’t live in fear. 

My freedoms are not being exploited. 

I am not being terribly inconvenienced. 

My rights are fully intact. 

I choose to wear my mask to protect myself and my wife from this virus. 

I wear my mask because I choose to be part of the solution - not part of the problem. 

I wear my mask because I want to get back to doing normal activities sooner, rather than later. 

I miss my family. I miss my grandchildren.  I miss many things Covid has temporarily halted. 

Nevertheless, I try to be a responsible citizen governed by common sense knowing that in my own small way I may be hastening and not selfishly hindering the recovery. 

Wear your mask - or not - that is your choice. 

Just don’t criticize me for choosing to wear mine when I cannot maintain social distancing.

And wash your hands. 

Don’t touch your face. 

Don’t be a spreader.


No comments:

Post a Comment