Saturday, January 14, 2017

Trail Camera Rescue

On or about the weekend of December 3rd I refreshed the SD card on a trail camera situated on the east-west trail that parallels Silver Creek's north bank.  After that I couldn't access it.

Torrential rains caused the trail and adjacent woods to flood like a small lake and I either didn't have tall rubber boots on or it was too deep to attempt an approach with the Polaris ATV.  Following the rain there was a period of freeze thaw cycles that left a skin of thin ice on the flood.  Consequently the camera was stranded for more than a month.


click image to enlarge

The good news is that the recent cold snap froze the flood solid.


And the batteries did not give out.

Today I fetched the SD card and downloaded some dandy selections from the 250+ photos that were recorded.  I'll post them in the coming week so stay tuned...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment