Saturday, May 6, 2017

Garden Update

I cannot tell you how therapeutically terrific it feels to get down on my hands and knees in the dirt to plant this year's future bounty.

Up early for a trip to Sturgeon Bay was the first thing on my daily agenda so I could fetch some stuff from the Door County Co-Op and the big grocery store.  The most important part was the visit to my favorite garden center - Bonnie Brooke Gardens - for tomato, sweet pepper and broccoli plants.


English peas are in and the first sowing of spinach, bibb and red leaf lettuce, golden beets (new this year) and radishes as well.  If weather permits, next week - and in keeping with my Teutonic bloodlines - I'll plant my German Butterball spuds and Stuttgarter onions.

If you live on or visit the peninsula you can learn more about Bonnie Brooke Gardens here and on their Face Book page.

No comments:

Post a Comment