Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lady and the Gents

So far the 2017 Turkey Camp has yielded three very nice gobblers.  Something on the order of 54 pounds of wild turkey - give or take - but who's counting.

Five hunters and three birds.  Only me and Mennonite are birdless so-far.  The statewide success rate for 2016 was 21.3%.   Turkey Camp at The Platz is 60% for 2017.

Sure, I know that I may invoke the wrath of the turkey gods with a sacrilegious blog post but I'm going to do it anyway.  I'm done already hunting spring turkey and everyone knows that the book of turkey says that sacrilegious nonsense resets after the turn of the calendar year.

To my pals - Braumeister and New Guy all I can tell you is that there are birds aplenty out there.  If a hen sashays into the view of just one lonely trail camera a mere couple a hundred meters from the house you get this...





 click on images to enlarge

Just want to provide evidence so you can get your motors humming.

Good luck gents.  The strutting gents await...

No comments:

Post a Comment