Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Maus

Last weekend I found sign of a mouse (or mice) in my basement.  Construction sawdust along with little mouse turds on the floor and on my work bench.  All of it confined to that corner of the basement where all of the utilities enter and where the likely access point is located.

Mice live in the barn, the machine shed and the barn.  Periodically they take-up winter residence in my boat.  But this is the first  time in eleven years I've discovered signs of these little rodents in the house.  Having lived in older homes all my long life I have cohabitated with mice the entire time.  It has been a constant battle between mice and men.  Having lived in the countryside for all these many years before the field mice have penetrated my modern defenses is nothing short of miraculous.

Grrrr.

I've cleaned-up their sign and set a couple of traps.

Along the wall 

And on the work bench


I'll check the trap line soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment