Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Savior

I just got new LL Bean moccasins.  Believe it or not the pair in the picture above have been worn around the former house in Wauwatosa for the last fourteen years.  A comfortable pair of loafers they're nicely broken-in. If I had to hazard a guess they have a great many miles remaining.  Nevertheless, the much older pair at The Platz dating all the way back to the trailer home era needed to be replaced.  As a consequence I'm replacing the pair (above)  with a new pair and rotating the used pair to replace the really used (and ratty) pair that will be retired. 

2016 Moccasins... 

click on the shoes to enlarge

The bottom line is that as for long as I can remember I've been getting about a decade and a half of use out of this footwear yielding an exceedingly low amortized cost per use.  (Translation - excellent value).  LL Bean - of Freeport Maine - still manufactures their long-wearing, high-quality camp mocs in El Salvador.  If you don't already know this the literal translation of El Salvador is:  The Savior.

I find it mildly amusing that The Savior running for POTUS wants to embargo imported LL Bean camp mocs made by highly-skilled and hard-working Central American craftsmen and women.

The irony is not lost on me.

Not one bit.

Raising a toast to free trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment