Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Bird in the Bush

...Is better than one in the hand.  Or is it the other way around?

In any event I have posted several times about our state bird the American robin. They're common to our yard and fun to observe.
 
Once again a pair of persistent robins have been attempting to nest on the transom above our doors.  And following  several successful attempts to dissuade them from doing so they settled upon constructing their nest in a perfect location.  The giant rose bush on the south side of the garage.  I blogged about this a year ago - almost to the day.  My pal Julie from Lake Ledge Naturalist tells me they're highly likely to be the same nesting pair.  And sure enough - it began with the battle for the transoms and ultimately led to that thorny tangle of a rose bush. Deja vu all over again.
 
That dang rose bush is a sheltered and safe place for sure as the thorns certainly dissuaded me when I attempted to reach through and snap a picture.  And once again I snapped that picture 


Ouch!   New nest built atop last-year's nest.

And before too long the little peeps will be hatching sometime soon.  We're going to be grandparents again.


Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment