Friday, June 2, 2017

Country Living

There is much to be said about making hay while the sun shines - and while there has been some haymaking with round bales dotting the countryside there has been a crap ton of planting activity.

Now that the fields have dried-out our world is dominated by the growl and rumble of machinery 24/7 and a steady stream of mechanized farm implements parading past the house at all hours of the day.  If the wind blows right you can catch a whiff of dairy air with the seasonal spreading of manure - liquid and otherwise.

One of our neighbors had his Cat MT765 Track Tractor out yesterday to disc the field across the road.  

click on images to enlarge

Following that he planted it. Corn if I had to hazard a guess. Finishing at 8:38 PM.


I never cease to be flummoxed at the technological revolution behind food production in this country.  Amazing.

I got more of my garden planted yesterday and I started it with my own piece of mechanized farming implements... 

No comments:

Post a Comment