Monday, June 19, 2017

A Second Crapper

It is noteworthy that the ancestral crapper (20+ years of age and aging) is getting a politically-correct, green counterpart for waste management in the woods.

I built the original crapper of treated scrap lumber - a nice, three-sided box with a seat bolted to the top and a lid for aesthetic purposes.  It even has a large hook upon which you can hang your roll of toilet tissue.  Place it over a freshly-dug hole for the season and you're all set.  The view is rather relaxing too (which adds to the relaxing ambiance). Best of all, when nature calls  there is a convenient seat to answer that call and not have to hike all the way back to the house.  Even better than best, you don't have to squat in the woods and leave a deposit for the Labs to discover and gleefully roll-in.  For that we are eternally grateful.  But I digress.

This week I returned to the day job after having taken some time off on family business and upon my return discovered a strange gift from afar awaiting my return.  Upon my third month anniversary I have learned that my new co-workers are generous and thoughtful beyond measure or belief.   I discovered a Custom Country Crapper in my office.  Yup, here it is....

click on image to enlarge

An all-natural, hollow stump, replete with seat and a real roller for your roll of tissue.  Place it over a freshly-dug hole and you're in business.  The best part is it is totally green technology.  The stump will slowly rot and decay - returning to the earth along with the contents of the hole.  And after salvaging the the seat and roll holder all you have to do is locate another hollow stump upon-which to affix these accouterments and you're back in the business of doing your business.

During Schützenfest I'll have the boys fetch a couple of shovels and assemble a detail and pick out a location with a nice, relaxing view for installation.  Probably the north forty - about a half mile from the nearest indoor plumbing.

Raising a toast to composting toilets.   

No comments:

Post a Comment